Registered Trainer with the Human Resource Department Malaysia
Part time lecturer in Human Resource, Logistics and Strategy Management
Ravindran Kothandapani;has 20 years maritime experience both at sea and ashore. Started as an Electrical Officer and moved to port terminal management, he is well versed with port operations, emergency response,crisis, business continuity management processes and supply chain processes – Container, Conventional and Tanker operations. He also sailed on board vessel for 5 years and worked ashore for 15 years in Malaysia and New Zealand.Apart from that, he do has experience in conducting terminal audits, risk assessment,developing emergency and crisis plans for the maritime industry.
A registered HSE officer with the Department of Safety Malaysia and has already attended 3 Risk Assessment workshops conducted by Department of Safety Malaysia,Ravindran Kothandapni is very familiar with BP and Petronas Oil terminal checklist, well versed with IMDG code, ISGOTT version 5, ISPS, port bylaws, Awareness Preparedness at Local Level( Apell), Port Health,Safety and Environment Management System and local legislations on Safety and Environment. Furthermore, he is also registered with Human Resource Department Malaysia and able to deliver programs in dual language, Bahasa Malaysia and English
Some of the projects/programs conducted by Ravidran Kothandpani are:-
- Conducted joint terminal audits with BP and Petronas on the Liquid Bulk at Northport.
- Conducted Emergency response Audit with the US Coast Guard on the Oil Spill Contingency Preparedness for Straits of Malacca.
- Initiated Business Continuity programs at Northport and MISC.
- Conducted seminar for MISC Managers on Port Emergency.
- Presented paper in Port Risk Management at national level.
- Developed and conducted IMDG awareness training and terminal operations for GIZ Port Sustainable project in the ASEAN region.